How to make my little love heart pillow.

How to make the little love heart shaped pillow

 Felt loveheart ornament, square pillow, bottle cap pincushion and small felt bag decorated with red roses and lovehearts
    
Would you like to know how to make this pretty heart shaped pillow? If so you have come to the right place, I do hope you enjoy following the finishing tutorial. 

Gather your supplies and lets get started!    




Materials required


Red and white craft felt 

DMC red and white thread

DMC green thread

Red ribbon for trim

Silver 'made with love' tag or any charm

Polyester filling

Cut out a 12cm square piece of red felt

Design your heart shape using paper first.

This heart measures 11cm from the base of the heart to the curve at the top, it does not matter what size your heart is as long as you can fit the word ' love' and the other hearts onto the felt.    

Cut two large red hearts
Cut one white heart slightly smaller than the large red one
Cut one small red heart 

Use two strands of thread for all of the stitching. 

Stitch the little red heart to the white heart using blanket stitch
Now stitch the white heart to the red heart using blanket stitch 
Stitch 'LOVE' in outline stitch
you can find a video here on the Needle N Thread blog.
I must admit I did not do mine exactly like the video shows but the 
video shows the correct way to do it! 
Now it is time to do the spider web roses, you can see how to
make these in my little round pincushion tutorial here

Stitch the leaves in green thread using lazy daisy stitch
Faby Reilly has a good tutorial on her blog  here for the lazy daisy stitch.

The front piece of your heart should now look like this
Stitch the front heart to the remaining red heart shape piece for the back using blanket stitch
Leave a gap for stuffing the pillow
Continue stitching the blanket stitch until the heart is closed.
Your heart is nearly complete, you are now ready to trim with red ribbon and attach your charm.

Or you could always trim with matching cord made from DMC thread.

You can see a finishing tutorial showing



Your heart is now finished.
Here is the same set in a different colour for Mother's Day.
Other information surrounding this project can be found on my blog here at

This set was designed by me, it is for personal use only, please do not resell my designs on Etsy or any other sales website - please respect my copyright.  

Happiness is cross stitching.
Enjoy!

36 comments

Anonymous said...

I love this idea and would love to have the pattern!

donnagodfrey1948@yahoo.com

Donna Godfrey

Lisa Eddo said...

Very cute!! would you send me the pattern too?
Also, love the "handmade with love" heart charm, where did you get that?
Lisa Eddo
kityangls@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Just lovely! I really, really love anything with heart in it and it is beautiful. Please send me all the heart patterns and its collections. Thank you!

Maria Kisling

mariakisling@yahoo.com

Dina said...

Hi Lynn B,

I love your tutorials and will write about your site. I hope you don't mind my pasting the photo of your Mother's Day project in my article.

Natasha said...

I am not sure how I came across your blog but I have to say how happy I am to have done so. Your blog tutorials are amazing :) I would like to have the freebie pattern, I am going to a stitching GTG in Febuaray and this would be the perfect exchnage piece.
Thank you

Knit Purl Gurl said...

This is SEW cute! I think I may even be able to do this (and I'm embroidery and cross stitch challenged)! I think I'll give it a whirl! Thanks!! :)

Jille said...

This is lovely - thank you for your kindness in sharing! If you have time to send me the pattern I would be delighted!My email is jillecymraeg@yahoo.com
Many, many thanks,
Jille x

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I really like it. I would love to have the patterns you offered.
Thank you,
Phyllis
gailxs@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

It is so fantastic! Present for all heart!
Best wishes !

vickie said...

I really enjoy your blog , thanks so much for sharing the love, really want the heart pattern, thanks, vt_5856@hotmail.com Vickie

Lynn B said...

Thanks for the comments ladies, I hope you send me photos of your finished projects!

Mila said...

are beautiful, I hope to receive your projects...
m__mila@libero.it
http://nidienodi.blogspot.com

valérie said...

my name is Valérie, I'm french. Can I have the tuto please ? than's a lot - Valérie.derickxsen@wanadoo.fr

Unknown said...

I am in love with your designs and WOW! What else can I say but please, pretty please, keep designing these wonderful little projects.
Carmen in AK

Sally said...

Hi, found your blog from CraftGossip. I would very much like to have the pattern. Thank you - Sally

kklowell said...

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you, thank you!

kklowell@hotmail.com

Mosaic Magpie said...

Love this heart! I will send a link for friends to come see this tutorial. The small pillow is a cutie too. Would love the pattern.
Deb
mosiacmagpieatgmaildotcom

RubyRed said...

Yes, please. :) rubyreddee@gmail.com

Simply Debbie said...

I found your blog through Deb at Mosaic Magpie and I am delighted she shared your blog with us.
I would love the pattern for the square pillow...it is so sweet and also, where did you find the silver heart?
Thank you for sharing how to make the adorable sweet pillow.
Have A Sugar Sweet Day
Simply Debbie

dollystar said...

ENCANTADORES ESSES TRABALHOS! PARABÉNS

Dolly

Loralynn said...

How charming! I would love to have the pattern! Thanks for your generosity!

karanmi said...

Very Pretty and loved the tutorial. Very easy to understand. Would love your pattern.

karanmi@yahoo.com

Dany said...

Perfetcs!!! I realy love it!

Anonymous said...

I just love this tutorial. I can't wait to give it a try. If possible. I would love to have the pattern. Thank you.

Lei

lcbrown37@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Just adorable! Thanks for sharing your love of crafting with us!
I would love to have the pattern for your square love ornament!

Thanks!
Cindy
mrs.nipper@gmail.com

Heather said...

I just found your blog and your work is wonderful! I love hand work like this since you can work on it a bit at a time if necessary. Thank you for being willing to share your designs.

Beeshebags said...

This would be perfect for a Valentines Swap I'm in this year! beadnv@westnet.com.au

Hugs
Naomi

Kaye said...

That is adorable...would love to make one for each of my kids.

annemarie said...

I would dearly love this pattern - thanks. Anne Marie a.haun@sbcglobal.net

Sandra said...

I would love the pattern for the square love pillow. Thanks, Sandra
salliemae_29720@yahoo.com

BARBARA said...

Your blanket stitching blows me away it is so perfect. The tutorials you provide are also most instructive. Would you send me the pattern for the square love pillow please?
dsturtz@rochester.rr.com

BARBARA said...

I think your finishing and tutorials are great and would live to put together the little square pillow for Valentine's Day...thank, Barb
dsturtz@rochester.rr.com

Cecinha Gonçalves said...

loved

Cat said...

This really is the most prettiest blog and detailed tutorials - I too would love the pattern for the square pillow . . .
Many Thanks
Catherine

Ms. Smarty Pants said...

Am I too late? I think this is adorable and would love to have the pattern.

Many (hopeful) thanks,
Debra

Ana said...

Hi Lynn
I'm your newst follower and I love so much all your crafts...
This project is wonderfull, I'm learning to work with felt and I'd love to do that one for valentine's day... Please would you be so kind and send me the patterns?? lourenco.ana@gmail.com
Thanks a lot for sharing so wonderfull crafts
Hugs and kisses

Click image to see my cross stitching blog

Popular Posts

Blogger Template Created by pipdig